Kelly Rowlands Story

10/02/2006
My Story, which was slated for a summer release was shelved in favor of a yet-untitled album with a different vibe due in the spring."

[My Story] was basically a list of songs that I put together about the past three years of my life, with love and relationships,""And I remember listening to the record, and I was just like, 'I don't want this to be too deep to where, you know, lose people.' I still wanna have my party records, and I still wanna make people get up and bob their heads and vibe a little bit. And the record was too full of midtempos and ballads, so I wanted to bring it up a little bit. I mean, I'm 25. I'm young!"

In general, I'm going in the urban, more R&B route

"I listened to a lot of Whitney Houston for her vocals," Rowland said. "I love her. I love Beyonce's voice, and I love Brandy. Those are three vocalists who inspire me. I love how different they are. I love how they take themselves to the next level."

Although Rowland is still recording - she has sessions booked with Rich Harrison, Rockwilder and Solange - she's trusting her gut that one of the Garrett tracks, tentatively titled "Wooo!" or "Bump Like This," will be the first single.

Credits: MTV.com & Kevipod
posted by Audio Attack at 10/02/2006 | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for Kelly Rowlands Story
OMG!!!!!!!! THAT IS NOT HER IN THAT PICTURE!!!!!!!!! WHO IS THAT???!!!
  • Posted at 5:33 AM | By Anonymous Anonymous

Kelly Rowland
  • Posted at 5:11 PM | By Anonymous Anonymous